TENDER - TANA WATER SERVICES BOARD - Water supply project CLOSES 21/1014
Construction of Kithuru Youth Polytechnic Water Supply Project Tender no. TWSB/033/2014-2015
INVITATION TO TENDER
INVITATION TO TENDER
- Tana Water Services Board has received a grant from Kenya - Italy Debt for DevelopmentProgramme (KIDDP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this grant towards the construction of the above named project.
- Executing Agency for the project will be the Tana Water Services Board hereinafter referred to as "The Employer" and intends to contract the construction works.
- The scope of work includes but not limited to the following: Laying of transmission pipes, pressure testing and backfilling, construction of 225 cubic metres Masonry Tank, Construction of Sedimentation Tank, Laying of raw water main, pressure testing and backfilling, Construction of intake
- Tender is open to all firms meeting the following minimum requirements.
- Firms incorporated in Kenya
- Registered with Ministry of Water and Irrigation (Now Environment, Water and Natural Resources) category 'D' and NCA' 6 and above
- Firms having carried out similar works and having adequate plant and equipment, professional and technical staff.
- Firms with turnover of 50 million and above for the last three years with relevant supporting evidence.
- Must be tax compliant.
5. Eligible applicants may obtain tender documents during working hours from the Procurement Office at Tana Water Services Board, Head Officem Maji Office, Maji House, Baden Powell Road, Nyeri.
6. The documents are available upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of Sh1000/- per set in cash or banker's cheque
7. There will be a mandatory pre-tender site visit for all bidders on Wednesday, 8th October 2014. All participants are required to assemble at the District Water Office, Tharaka South, Marimanti Market, starting at 9 a.m.
8. Enclose a Bid Bond of 2% of the tender sum in form as prescribed in the Public Procurement and Disposals (Amendment) Regulations 2013.
9. Completed tender documents in plain sealed envelopes and clearly marked "Tender No. TWSB/033/2014-2015 for construction of Kathangachini Water Supply Project" should be deposited in the Tana Water Services Board Tender Box situated at the head office or sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Tana Water Services Board
Maji House, Baden Powell Road,
P.O. Box 1292-10100
So as to reach him no later than TUESDAY, 21 OCTOBER 2014 at 10:30 a.m.
10. Late applications will be rejected
11. Submitted applications will be opened soon after closing at the TWSB Resource Centre in the Presence of the bidders or their representatives who wish to attend.