The Central Bank of Kenya intends to prequalify candidates for Coin Minting
2. Prequalification is open to eligible coin minters.
3. Interested eligible candidates may obtain further information on this tender
during working hours from Monday to Friday from:
Department of Estates, Supplies & Transport (DEST)
Tel: +254 20 2861000/2860000
Fax: +254 20 2863497, +254 20 310604
Fifth Floor, Central Bank of Kenya
Haile Selassie Avenue
4. Eligible candidates may obtain the prequalification document from the office of
the Director, Department of Estates, Supplies & Transport on 5th Floor, Central
Bank of Kenya (CBK) Head Office, Nairobi Monday to Friday, between 0900
and 1700 hours AT NO COST Or be downloaded from the website,
www.centralbank.go.ke Download tender document here.https://www.centralbank.go.ke/images/docs/Tenders/TENDER_NO_CBK-020-2014-2015_PREQUALIFICATION_OF_SUPPLIERS_FOR_DESIGN_AND_MINTING_OF_COINS.pdf
5. A minimum requirement for qualification is to have successfully carried out
Coin Design, Minting and Supply services in the past to a Central bank or
Currency Issuing Authority.
6. Applications for prequalification must be submitted in plain sealed envelopes
marked with the Tender No. CBK/020/2014-2015 and should be deposited in
the Green Tender Box No. 3 at the Ground Floor, Central Bank of Kenya
Building situated along Haile-Selassie Avenue, Nairobi so as to be received on
or before Tuesday 4th November, 2014 1030 Hours East African Time.
7. Tenders will be opened on Tuesday 4th November, 2014 at 1030 hours East
African Time in the DEST Conference Room, 5th Floor, Central Bank of
Kenya Head Office, Nairobi along Haile Selassie Avenue.
8. All candidates whose applications will have been received before the closing date
and time will be advised of the results of their applications.